Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A mini va-cay...

Well...we have only been here 1.5 days...but it seems like longer. :) Our motel is close to downtown Manitou Springs. So, we have walked almost everywhere.
Yesterday we shopped, ate dinner and played in the penny arcade. The kids loved the arcade...they have old video games that make Ms. Pac-Man look young. Every video game you could remember plus pinball machines, carnival style games, etc. We all played a horse derby game where you roll the ball...and I won mug. Hmmm....should I have let a kiddo win?
They have parks everywhere here...on the way home we just hung out In the park for an hour or so.
Today we hiked up to a bridge and waterfall called grafitti falls. It was cool....but...the grafitti kind of bothered me. I am hoping if people tag at grafitti falls, they will be less likely to tag somewhere else...keep it all in the same place. :)
It rained off an on all day. After lunch at Front Range BBQ (Loved it!!) we ran into a little store to get out of the rain. Much to Emry and Haddie's luck, they offered hair feathers. The girls have begged for feathers for months...and I guess the time was finally right...they walked out strutting like peacocks. They are cute!
Garden of the Gods was amazing. We are Soo close to it. The kids loved taking fun pics. We hiked toward the enormous rocks and followed a little trail up. The view is incredible....I can't even begin to describe the beauty. The deep reds against the green of the valley....wow.
I hope my kids begin to see that the same God who created these amazing rocks also created them.
We have had fun as the "Brandenburger tribe" as one man called us. I have been asked several times if "all these kids" were mine. I'll claim Georgie and Taylor anyday. If they don't feel like family yet....wait until our assignment is over. :)
This is my first time blogging from my phone....we'll see how it goes.
Today's pics.....





The penny arcade...so cool!






-Haddie is a tree hugger.






Georgeanne at grafitti falls



































































Grafitti falls













We were on the other side of the hole...looking down thru it.

Hey...shoot me a text or email if you got the email about this blog...there are just a handful of you. Hugs from the circus...

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment